St.James Presbyterian Church
Published On October 23, 2017 | Career Connect
Job Title: Music Director
Name: St. James Presbyterian Church
Placement : Part-Time
Closing Date: 12/31/2017 – 05:00 PM
Job Description:We are looking for a Music Director who is Gifted, Faith Filled, Creative and Inspiring to enhance the worship and praise of God in the life of the church through leadership in music.
• Leading the worship music for all services
• Directing Praise Team rehearsals
• Working with the Minister to select, arrange and acquire worship music
• has a growing, practical faith
• can sight-read and improvise
• comfortable arranging or adapting songs/music to suit shape and mood of worship
• works with a broad repertoire including both contemporary praise songs and traditional hymns
• can partner with the minister in preparing worship services
• can train and work with volunteers that have various musical backgrounds • is an organized self-starter able to make long range plans
• is visionary and creative in their approach to praising and glorifying God •familiarity with a variety of instruments (guitar, keyboards, bass, voice)
Hours of Work: Two hours of rehearsal Thursday Evenings, two hours including 1 hr. of practice and 1 hr. worship Service on Sunday Mornings, Funerals, Weddings and special events as opportunities arise.
Facility info. : Well equipped, fully accessible, air-conditioned Sanctuary; office space available.
How to Apply:By Email:[email protected] or by Mail:
St. James Presbyterian Church