A: Ice cream.
Ice Cream Stat Centre:
- Ice cream is the most popular dessert in the country. 41% say ice cream is their favourite: 20% said cake, 11% said cookies, 11% said pie, 9% said fruit, (PLEASE) and 7% said candy.
- Chocolate is the most popular flavor. 16% say chocolate, followed by cookies and cream, vanilla, cookie dough and mint chocolate chip.
- 56% of people eat ice cream all year long, not just during the summer. Women are more likely to eat it in the winter than men.
- 86% of us eat it at least once a week, including 11% of us who eat it every day.
- Breyers is the most popular brand, followed by Ben & Jerry’s and Haagen-Dazs.
- When people go out for ice cream, 40% like a regular scoop, 22% like soft serve and 21% want it in a sundae.
- Dairy Queen is the most popular place to get ice cream, followed by Cold Stone Creamery and Baskin-Robbins.
- 57% of people usually order ice cream in a cup, 43% get a cone.
- Of the people who like cones, 67% say waffle cones are the best option. 16% go for a sugar cone, and only 8% go for the traditional cake cone.
- And finally, 51% of people under 35 and 41% of people over 35 say they’d eat more ice cream if it weren’t unhealthy.