A few interesting facts …
- The Catholic Church recognizes at least 3 different saints named Valentine, all of whom were martyred, one for performing secret weddings for young lovers.
- Pope Gelasius declared February 14th “St Valentine’s Day” around 498 AD, in part to replace the ancient Roman fertility festival “Lupercalia”.
- About 1 billion Valentine cards are exchanged, making it the 2nd largest card-sending occasion after Christmas .
- It may come as no surprise that Valentine’s Day ranks number one in terms of the most fresh flowers sold and delivered. Florists say Valentine’s Day accounts for 12% of their annual sales.
- Valentine’s Day is celebrated primarily in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Denmark, Italy and Japan.
- Valentine’s Day is the busiest day of the year for texting. Providers expect to see a 33% rise in messaging.
- Sales of Viagra increased by 25% this week.
Day 4 in Pyeong Chang saw Canada add to it’s medal count.
Kim Boutin won a Bronze in the women’s short track 500-metre race. She had actually come in fourth, but was bumped up after a South Korean competitor was disqualified.
And Alex Gough won bronze in women’s luge. This is the first-ever Olympic medal in luge for Canada.
On the Day 5 schedule: the Pairs Figure Skating short program, Doubles Luge, Men’s Curling, Women’s Biathlon, and Women’s Alpine Skiing.
Canada’s Medal count sits at 3 Gold, 4 Silver, and 3 Bronze. That puts us tied for 2nd overall with the Netherlands and one behind Norway, and 3 more than the U.S.A!
Most Major League Baseball teams begin Spring Training today.
The games will begin Friday, February 23rd.
Facebook launched a new list-making feature yesterday, so your friends can post their annoying to-do lists online now.
You’ll be able to create your own list, clone any you see in your feed, and of course, like and comment on your friend’s lists.
— Mashable (@mashable) February 14, 2018
It looks like the action is pretty similar to Uno, only you call out Dos when you have two cards, and then you get points based on the cards in everyone else’s hands.
Dos is on sale on March 4th and will sell for $6.
— UNO (@realUNOgame) February 13, 2018