A Snow Emergency has been declared in Chatham-Kent.
As of 10am this morning, until 10am Monday, the Municipality has placed a ban on parking on municipal streets to allow plows to clear away snow more effectively.
15-20cm is expected before tonight.
Snow emergency declared in Chatham-Kent. No parking on municipal streets beginning at 10 a.m. Friday and lasting until 10 a.m. Monday. For more details go tohttps://t.co/qERBg8CrxE
— Chatham Kent (@MunicCK) February 8, 2018
The Play Rangers organize free-play activities to encourage children to get out and play.
The 2018 Winter Olympics will have more than 100 medal events. The International Olympic Committee added four new events this year: curling mixed doubles, speedskating mass start, snowboarding big air, and alpine skiing team event.
The Games are costing the South Korean government an estimated $13 billion dollars.
— Tessa Virtue (@tessavirtue) February 8, 2018
- Pizza Facts…
- The first pizza was sold in Naples, Italy in 1738.
- Pepperoni is the most popular topping, preferred by 36% of pizza fans.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold each year.
- About 17% of all restaurants are pizzerias, or at least serve pizza.
- On average we consume over 23 lbs/10½ kg of pizza per year.
- 57% of people say they love pizza. 41% say they wouldn’t go as far as to say they love it, but they like it a lot and 2% say they hate pizza. How can you hate pizza?
- 30% of us eat pizza at least once a week.
- 4% of women say they’d rather eat pizza than have a boyfriend. 3% of men would choose eating pizza over having a girlfriend.
It’s about a hundred feet wide. Someone made it to raise awareness for breast cancer back in 2011.
Bidding starts at £500 ($900 CAN) and if you win the auction, you’ll not only receive the bra, but also the Guinness World Record certificate confirming it is the largest ever.
— Chillisauce (@chillisauce) February 7, 2018