1) Today is St.Patrick’s Day! The Irish national holiday that began as a ‘solemn religious observance’ to honor St Patrick (389-461 AD), patron saint of Ireland. It’s a public holiday in Ireland, Montserrat, and the Canadian province of Newfoundland & Labrador. Green is associated with “St Patrick’s Day” because it’s the color of Spring, Ireland, and the shamrock.
In Chicago The local plumbers’ union dyes the Chicago River green, a St Patrick’s tradition since 1962.
2) Movie @ Your Library: Come out this afternoon to the Chatham Branch of CKPL to watch the movie Big Hero 6 at 2 pm. Bring the whole family during March Break.
3) Google Feud is ruining productivity in the workplace. The new game from the guys at Google combines guessing Google autocomplete results and Family Feud.
4) A Newark, New Jersey OB/GYN recently delivered a baby using FaceTime. Dr. Meena Devalla was in surgery at Clara Maass Medical Center when one of her patients arrived at her office and went into labour. Meena called her office manager on her iPhone and used FaceTime to talk her assistants through the delivery. The mother delivered her healthy son without any pain or medication.
— Action News on 6abc (@6abc) March 14, 2015
5) In a study done by the creators of the smartphone app Bartrendr (it’s like Yelp for beer), 40% of Americans can’t spell Budweiser.
“Budwiser”? 40% of Americans using this app can’t spell Budweiser: http://t.co/DxDlWeaaOC
— MarketWatch (@MarketWatch) March 17, 2015