1) The Mayor, Councillors and staff wore jerseys at last nights council meeting to support the Kraft Hockeyville bid. #HockeyDayinCK (Ricardo missed the memo…)
— Ricardo Veneza (@RicardoVeneza) March 23, 2015
2) Local author, Wes Summerfield, will be at the Chatham Branch of the Chatham-Kent Public Library tonight at 7:00 pm to talk about his new book An Amish Farm Experience. Wes will read excerpts from his fictional diary of a young boy that tell of the boy’s adventures on an Amish farm.
3) Scientists say that due to the earth’s tilt this year’s spring will be shorter than last year’s, and for the next 6,000 they will continue to get shorter while summer keeps getting longer.
4) Concession Stand: With Opening Day coming soon, some baseball teams are offering new food items. The Detroit Tigers plan to sell deviled eggs and fried jalapenos on top of a bacon stick. The Texas Rangers are offering Fried S’mOreo, Chicken-fried corn on the cob and Bacon cotton candy. The Milwaukee Brewers’ Class-A affiliate, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, are selling a bacon cheeseburger wrapped in funnel cake.
New food at Comerica Park in 2015! Bacon and Eggs: Bacon on a stick topped with deviled eggs and fried jalapenos pic.twitter.com/yAlQlGBusM
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) March 20, 2015
5) ESPN says only 14 of their 11.57 million March Madness brackets correctly predicted this Sweet 16.